McAfee teamed up with Docomo to provide Android users with a secure mobile environment, thereby securing the users from a wide range of malware. They wanted to introduce some new features in their mobile antivirus platform for Docomo Japan users. Here’s the list of major challenges McAfee came to us with.
- Creation of new user flows for its mobile-based antivirus solution within tight deadlines.
- McAfee required us to act quickly and absorb their existing design guidelines & user flows thoroughly.
- They didn’t want to affect the quality of the output just because they were outsourcing.
- Incorporation of critical information about the system’s security state & trigger immediate user action.
Galaxy joined hands with McAfee with a promise of taking care of the deliverables within allotted time frames by leveraging DesignOps. We forecasted the work and allocated the resources accordingly. Once the project kicked off, we knew that we needed to quickly grab the essence of the existing digital experience of McAfee’s antivirus for mobile. Here’s how we went about our work.
- We carefully examined the ongoing flows and looked for grey areas as we went through.
- Next, we devised a strategy to quickly create the user flows as per the use cases provided.
- A robust information architecture creation for ‘App Privacy Scan’ — a primary feature of the app that needed special attention.
McAfee liked the IA that was proposed and agreed to implement the tweaks made in designs and existing flows by Galaxy. Afterward, we delivered the design flows adhering to the current guidelines and incorporating some clever innovations, which lead to a better UX for the McAfee users. Galaxy went the extra mile by manually extracting the redlines and icons for development handoff, thereby making the job of McAfee developers much easier as they weren’t used to using automated tools for design delivery.